ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE – I AM UP 50LBS 100% DRUG FREE!!!
MAY, 2005 => 165LBS
NOV, 2013 =>215LBS
Who needs steroids when you have science, relentless drive, and hard work pushing your genetics to the limit. The best part about achieving this milestone fitness goal is that I can honestly tell people it is achievable without turning to drugs – what a great feeling!
For me this is and always will be about health and living longer over aesthetics. I enjoy the physical challenges of being a fitness model, but everything I do, including my lifting, has changed with the sole focus of preserving my body for DECADES to come.
LESSONS LEARNED TRANSFORMING MY BODY:
1) I can slow the aging process through proper training and nutrition.
2) I must modify how I train as I age to preserve my joints.
3) You must check your ego at the door to lift properly and get results.
4) You cannot out exercise poor nutrition.
5) Adequate, frequent protein consumption is vital for muscle growth and repair.
6) Protein alone will not grow muscle, you MUST and I mean MUST eat enough total calories!
7) If I keep my diet clean I can stay LEAN while continually getting bigger and stronger.
8) Building my body CAN be health focused if I train smart and eat right.
9) Plant protein CAN grow muscle – I often mix it in with my animal protein.
10) Red meat is overrated and a bodybuilding myth. Amino acids are amino acids whether from omega-3 filled salmon or a grilled steak full of carcinogens.